Monday, May 30, 2016

HEY EVERYONE!!



HEY EVERYONE!! 

Its been a really great week. I got my iPad, which makes Sister Bulson so happy.  All the work for records and planning is done through them, so it makes it real difficult to work when you don't have the tools to do it. but it equals out the work a lot more! :)

We had interviews with President Taggart this last week. It was really good. I don't really know the Taggarts really well, but it gave me an opportunity to love them.  Sister Taggart likes to be involved in the work as much as possible and President is really good about helping the work move forward.

Then we had a training with the AP's on why technology was so important. I think the coolest part was realizing how much its a blessing, to not only use it, but the bretheren want us to learn how to use tech. responsibly so that we won't have bad habbits with tech. As soon as we get off the mission, but instead know how to use it right.

WE WENT TO THE TEMPLE THIS LAST THURSDAY!!!  We went up to the Manhatten temple. We went as a zone. We all had to car pool.  Sister Bulson and I had to take the zone leaders.  We all drove up to Newark and met up at the chapel building there.  The building is really great.  It's also interesting because I forget how spoiled I am in Eaton town.  You drive into the city and I start feeling home sick. But the city is also the best place to go contacting.  So it's an interesting combo.  The church building has a parking garage, partly because of space and partly because...well, it's just a good secure place then sitting outside in the parking lot.  We all got on the train to go to New York. I am so so grateful that it's a group thing with zone leaders and all, because I would have gotten lost or left behind so many times.  Once when we got off the train and were waiting to get on the subway, I got on and then the door closed and Sister Bulson was left outside the door and all of us started panicking. I really don't think the doors opened any other way other than a miracle because the doors opened for a brief second and we grabbed her and pulled her in. I'm pretty sure I would have started crying.

I loved talking to people on the train.  It was the coolest thing, there and back.  People were staring at us where ever we went....but it was the best feeling. (Not that I wanted the attention) but as a missionary, it's good to stand out, to make them wonder.  Moving in a group of us in a big huge city, I felt like we had light. I feel weird saying that and hope I don't sound snobbish, but as latter day saints, we are different. and it's our responsibility to help others see that.

The temple was awesome! I'm so grateful I got to go. I've missed going so much.  You walk into the temple and all the noise of Manhatten is gone.  It is completely shut out and you know you are in the Lord's holy house.

On the way up and down we spread out and sat individually,  It was AWESOME! I sat next to a woman on the way back and we got to talking, I taught her the Plan of Salvation.  It felt so good to sit down and give a lesson without someone closing the door, or having to dig just to get there attention, but for them to be genuine and to be genuine. I bore my testimony and I know the spirit was there! I know she felt it, but when I asked her for feedback she brushed everything off as a that sounds nice. 

I instantly thought of C.S Lewis's worm tongue and screw tape.... one day, the missionaries will knock on her door, and this time she'll let them in. (She told me how she never talked to the ones who had knocked before) but I know next time she will. 

Another woman I got to sit next to told me how she went to Utah for a while with her husband. I asked if she saw the S.L Temple. she said she had and I asked her what she thought and how she felt. she replied "it was like....like a fairy land" I told her all about the Philadelphia Temple open house in August. I did my best to be excited and to emphasize to her that she could go see the inside. I hope one day she goes. :)
Friday and Saturday I got to go on exchanges with Sister McConkie again. I really really love her. We had some really great experiences visiting L.A's and knocking doors. 

I love my Heavenly Father! I know He teaches us line upon line and precept upon precept. 
I know He has a plan for each of us and all His children and I'm so grateful to be apart of this work. It is amazing and I know He's teaching me what I need at this time.

God bless and keep all of you! thank you for all that you do whether seen or not. l
Love you all
Sister Brook Burk

No comments:

Post a Comment